Are you constantly worried about what might be lurking in or out of your home while you’re away? Fearing for your family’s safety and well-being during the night? Installing a security cameras in and around your abode will surely set your mind at ease, giving you and your family the protection you need and serving as a deterrent to unlawful activities and potential intruders. Recordings stored in security cameras can also be used as vital evidence in identifying and tracking people involved in crime, let it be a mob attack, burglary, or arson.
The latest home monitoring systems allow you to keep a watchful eye on your properties, your family, and pets during the day and at night. But with so many features and price points available out there, choosing the right home monitoring system for your home can be quite overwhelming. Lucky for you, you’ve come to the right place!
Here at HomeSecurityList, our goal is to provide you with the best security camera options and highlight the features that set them apart from the rest. This way, picking the right camera for your home security needs is made simpler and easier. So without further ado, here are the 10 best multi-camera home monitoring systems for 2017!
What to Look for In a Multi-Camera Home Monitoring System
If you need to keep a watchful eye on multiple rooms or angles in your home, you need a multi-camera home monitoring system. You can combine cameras to create indoor or outdoor systems (or both) and easily check in on your home even while you’re away. This way, you can give yourself and your family complete peace of mind.
To help you find the best monitoring system for your home, you need to keep a number of key features into consideration:
- Style. There are two main styles for security cameras: Bullet and dome. Both styles are fairly obvious to potential intruders but with a dome camera, it’ll be more difficult to determine which direction it’s pointing. Another thing to keep in mind with the style is whether or not you can just place it on a flat surface or mount it on the wall or ceiling. You need to make sure that whatever camera you choose, there should be plenty of space to install it in the desired location.
- Field of View. One important feature to look for in a home monitoring system is to determine how much space you want covered by the viewing angle of the cameras. Cameras with wide-angled lenses will help you cut down costs because you’ll be needing less cameras for the overall coverage of your home. On the other hand, a multi-camera home monitoring system can provide a more extensive security solution for your property.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) Control. Monitoring systems that come with remote-controlled PTZ features are the ideal solution for when you want to cover larger areas in your home. With this, you can also get the best viewing angle possible without the need to manually reposition the cameras.
- Wired or Wireless. Wired monitoring systems typically require professional installation and access to a power outlet. Some homeowners may find this unappealing but wired units usually provide clearing images compared to wireless systems. On the other hand, wireless security cameras are much easier to install and set up. However, you will have to check the battery levels regularly to ensure it’s fully functional and protected
- Resolution. Another important factor is a security system’s camera resolution. Keep in mind that the higher the resolution, the clearer the images will be. You’ll want to go for a 720p or 1080p resolution to be able to see the clearest images. Also, keep in mind that when connecting your cameras into a DVR or recording device, they will also have to be HD-compatible so you can keep the image at superior quality.
- Night Vision Mode. Being able to keep an eye on your home 24/7 is one of the main reasons people install a home monitoring system, which is why you need cameras that come with superior quality night vision. Go for a model that’s built with infrared (IR) technology. Those with built-in IR cut-switch can automatically enable or disable IR technology depending on the lighting conditions, thus allowing you to get the clearest image possible no matter the time of day. The number of IR LEDs used in a security camera will also determine the night vision range so the more LEDs, the wider the coverage.
- Storage/Recording Capacity. If you want to watch playback of the events that transpired in and around your home while you’re away, you need to purchase a monitoring system with big enough storage capacity or cloud recording capabilities, unless you’re going for a DVR system. Most popular models, however, already come with an SD or microSD slot with ample local storage space.
- Mobile Compatibility. A lot of home monitoring systems today have the capability to live-stream a feed directly to your smartphone or tablet. If you wish to be able to monitor your home during the day or while away for long periods, mobile compatibility is an essential feature to have. Make sure that the security cameras you choose are compatible with your device. Through a mobile app (which usually comes with most security cameras these days), you can remotely control the cameras and watch over your home anytime and anywhere, as long as you have Wi-Fi connection.
- Two-Way Communication. While security cameras are mainly for eyes-on monitoring, you might also want to listen in on what’s going on at home while you’re away. With a two-way audio feature, you can speak through the camera, much like an intercom. It’s a nice tool that you can use to remotely command misbehaving pets or startling intruders in the act.
Best Multi-Camera Home Monitoring Systems For 2017
Based on the above guidelines, we’ve picked 10 of the best multi-camera home monitoring systems currently in the market:
One particular home monitoring system that remains on top of everyone’s list is none other than the Arlo Pro Security System with Siren. You can purchase the system with only one camera, or you can go for the 2-camera kit, 3-camera kit, or 4-camera bundle. If you think you need to cover more areas in your home, you can still add more cameras into the package, for as low as $170 per additional camera.
This 100% wire-free multi-camera home monitoring system is free of power cords so you won’t have to bother drilling holes into your wall to set up cable wires. It also has a magnetic base so you can install it without the hardware. This way, you can easily place the cameras wherever you please and monitor your home from every angle. You can place the cameras anywhere – indoors or out. With its IP65-certified weatherproof design, the Arlo Pro cameras can withstand heat, rain, or snow. And with its 130-degree wide-angle lens, there’s an even wider coverage for each camera. The package also includes long-lasting rechargeable batteries that support fast charging so the cameras can stay up and running, thus taking the cost out of uninterrupted security.
To stay in control all the time, wherever you are, the Arlo Pro Security System with Siren comes with a free dedicated Arlo app that you can install using your smartphone, tablet, TV or desktop computer. With just a click or two, you can easily check in on your home remotely. The app is available for Android, iOS, AppleTV, and other major web browsers.
The Arlo Pro has a 720p video resolution that allows for sharp and detailed live streaming and recording. Netgear, the company behind the Arlo Pro, chose not to bump the resolution up to 1080p in an effort to save battery power, along with the fact that most mobile devices these days don’t show a significant difference between 720p and 1080p. Additionally, the cameras are built with the new RGB-IR night vision technology that provides superior night vision viewing, even in complete darkness. With this advanced night vision technology, the viewing area is evenly illuminated, thus providing crisp video and images at the edges of the scene and in the far distance.
Compared to its predecessors, some cool new features were added to the Arlo Pro security system. So not only will it help deter crime and provide evidence, it will also help prevent crime before it even takes place. The system comes with an extremely loud 100+ decibels Smart Siren, which goes off from the base station. So if you want to alert or scare off a burglar, you can remotely activate the Smart Siren in an instant using the Arlo app, or set it to automatically trigger when motion or audio is detected.
And speaking of motion detection, the Arlo Pro security system features a cutting-edge object recognition technology using advanced machine learning algorithms that improve how the cameras capture and report events to you. This smart motion recognition feature is able to identify persons, animals, cars, and even swaying trees, letting the cameras record and alert you only when it matters. Being able to distinguish between people and other objects and having the ability to ignore irrelevant movement and objects eliminates unnecessary alerts, allowing you to focus on what matters the most.
Other notable features include a two-way audio that allows you to listen in on what’s going on in and out of your home. Each camera is built with a microphone and speaker that enable push-to-talk capability, just like an intercom. Whether it’s from the front porch, the backyard, living room or bedroom, you can listen in, talk, and receive instant alerts directly to your smartphone or tablet.
The Arlo Pro Security System with Siren allows local USB storage for backup. What’s more, Arlo also offers 7 days of free cloud storage for both motion- and audio-triggered videos. There will be no extra cost and instead of paying a monthly subscription fee for each camera, the camera will let you connect up to 5 cameras without recurring monthly fees. If you wish to use cloud storage and add more cameras to your monitoring system, Arlo offers optional subscription-based plans that go beyond the free 7-day basic plan.
- System can be connected to 5 or more cameras
- HD video quality (720p)
- Wide field of view (130°)
- Smart, compact, weatherproof design
- Includes fast-charging rechargeable batteries
- Completely wire-free and can be installed anywhere (both indoor and outdoor)
- Superior quality night vision
- Smart siren technology (100+ dB)
- Quick notifications for any motion and audio alert
- Cutting-edge object recognition technology
- Two-way talk feature
- Local and cloud storage options
- Provides free 7 days cloud storage
- More expensive than the competition
- No pan/tilt/zoom capability
- Monthly subscription fees can be pricey for those who wish to opt for cloud storage and add cameras
Another multi-camera home monitoring system that tops our list is the Amcrest 960H Video Security System. It’s simple and highly proficient framework make it a top favorite among homeowners. It also has an edge over other security systems with its robust design, and the viable parts you’ll get in the package provide a comprehensive, all-in-one solution for your home security needs.
Depending on your chosen package, you can install 4 to 8 IP66 heavy-duty weatherproof bullet cameras in a single Amcrest Video Security System. The 960H video security standard provides wide-screen HD resolution with image sensors that allow for 34% increased resolution compared to your typical CCTV. With the system’s fully uncompressed signal transmission, it eliminates latency so it delivers truly real-time feeds with crisp and clear image and video recordings.
The Amcrest 960H Video Security System comes with 60-feet cable wires, with the DVR connected to the cameras and to your router via Ethernet (for remote access). Being completely wired, this somehow restricts where you can place the cameras. And if you need to place them in a different location, you will need a longer cable or go for a wireless bridge (although the latter option isn’t standard and requires extra hardware and know-how). On the upside, the cameras directly connect to the DVR for a simple plug-and-play setup. The DVR works as the central control hub for all cameras, thus making it simpler to secure. The system is also backwards compatible with older Amcrest security system models so upgrading it is easier and more practical.
To be able to control the cameras even while you’re away from home, simply download the Amcrest Link app to your phone or tablet. Once connected, go to the Live View interface where you can find options for controlling the cameras’ PTZ functionality, toggling channel views, customizing video screens, capturing screenshots, recording video via your phone’s internal storage, toggling audio, and more. From the app, you can also access the Playback interface so you can view locally recorded files anytime and anywhere.
Each bullet camera features a 3.6mm lens and a wide 75-degree viewing angle for maximum coverage. Each camera also comes with 24 high-intensity IR LEDs for exceptionally clear night vision that covers up to 65 feet. The cameras’ infrared mode automatically activates in low-light conditions, assuring you that every move or object will be illuminated and captured in detail, even in total darkness.
As for motion detection, the Amcrest 960H Video Security System lets you set a perimeter zone, specify which areas of the camera’s motion grid are active, as well as set a 24/7 schedule to arm or disarm the built-in alert system. You can even customize the motion sensor’s sensitivity so you can avoid false alarms like trees swaying or irrelevant objects moving. When the cameras detect motion based on your customized settings, it will activate a series of security responses, including turning on the system’s buzzer, sending you an email alert, and triggering recording. It’s a really smart feature that’s not readily available in all multi-camera home monitoring systems.
As for recording and storage capabilities, the Amcrest 960H Video Security System comes pre-installed with 500GB HDD that allows for continuous and simultaneous recording on al channels (4 to 8 camera feeds) at the maximum 950H resolution, for up to 6 days. But if you want to continuously record for more than 30 days without running out of storage space, you can also lower resolutions and motion detection settings. And if you ever run out of space, you can set the system to automatically overwrite the older locally stored footage or transfer the files via USB to a memory stick or external drive. Unfortunately, the system does not support cloud storage which could have been more convenient than local storage.
Last but not the least, the Amcrest 960H Video Security System is built mainly for outdoor installation, but can also be used indoors. It’s built with heavy-duty metal that’s carefully engineered to withstand even the most severe weather and environmental conditions. Each camera’s superior build quality is part of what guarantees the reliability of this robust and feature-rich security solution, thus making it a top choice not just among homeowners but to small business owners, as well.
- Price is good for the quality of the system you get
- Setup and installation is relatively easy for a DVR
- High-quality video resolution (960H) with brilliant night vision feature
- View cameras and receive alerts wherever and whenever you can via your phone or PC
- Get email notifications when cameras detection motion (complete with a screenshot of the event)
- Covers long distances using the transmission range
- Motion detection sensitivity can be customized to prevent false alarms
- Set recording schedule by day of the week
- No costly monthly subscription fees to use the system
- You need to run cable wires through your home, which is likely to involve drilling holes into your walls
- The Amcrest Link app only works on Android and iOS devices and not with Blackberry and Mac computers
- Video is recorder locally (no cloud storage) which can easily be taken or destroyed by intruders
- No power backup batteries to continue recording when a power outage occurs
- No two-way audio feature
- The system needs to be placed in a room with proper ventilation or air conditioning as there are chances of overheating of the motherboard
While some homeowners prefer wireless security camera systems, others may go for wired kits that are not just smart but feature-rich, too. The EZVIZ Smart Home 1080p Security Camera System is a wired camera kit that’s especially built for the connected home. This smart home camera kit works with your favorite apps, websites, smart devices, and email accounts with its IFTTT capability. EZVIZ continues to add new features and functionalities with one-click updates so the system gets smarter and better, too. With just one system, you can connect up to 16 cameras or more!
By downloading the EZVIZ app on your smartphone or tablet, you can access all of the cameras in one place and view them anytime and anywhere. The app is available for Android and iOS devices and allows for easy remote setup without the hassle of configuring the network. Simply configure the system, view videos and take snapshots securely, and even share special moments on social media!
The EZVIZ cameras are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. They’re dustproof and waterproof, and can withstand wind, rain, snow, and extreme temperatures ranging from -40°F to 140°F. The cameras are built to be completely weatherproof, with a solid IP66 rating. Along with this, the cameras provide exceptionally clear high-definition 1080p image and video resolution that automatically balances out light levels throughout the day. And when it’s dark, the cameras will also automatically switch to night vision mode for crisp and clear video recording in complete darkness up to 100 feet away. Each camera even allows for greater coverage and visibility with its 107.5° extra-wide angle lens, so you won’t have to compromise detail. Talk about complete peace of mind!
Unfortunately, as with any bullet-type camera, the EZVIZ Smart Home 1080p Security Camera System doesn’t have a built-in microphone and speaker that allows two-way communication. On the upside, the system is built with motion detection technology that sends alerts through push notifications whenever the cameras sense movement. The motion detection sensitivity can be customized and you can choose the places you want your cameras to watch for movement. You can also easily set notification schedules so you can watch over your home and quickly find the times when motion was detected and recorded.
All footages are recorded and stored into the system’s pre-installed security-grade WP purple hard drive that’s specifically designed for round-the-clock uptime and reliability. And because the system uses multi-layer security and end-to-end video encryption, you can fully protect important data and prevent tampering and vandalism. So not only will you get a sturdy and feature-rich security cameras system, you’ll also have one that can’t easily be tampered with!
- Price point is good (cheaper than most of the competition)
- Works with up to 16 cameras (or more)
- Superior quality video resolution (1080p)
- Extra-wide viewing angle (107.5°)
- Sturdy, weatherproof design (IP66 rating)
- Top-notch night vision with wide coverage (up to 100 feet)
- Has IFTTT capability (works with some IoT appliances / can work as a home automation system)
- Reliable motion detection feature with push notification
- Multi-layer security and encryption to prevent tampering of data
- Requires cable wires in order to work, can easily be destroyed by burglars/intruders
- No pan/tilt capability
- No two-way talk feature
It’s no secret that we love the Arlo range of smart home monitoring systems, and the Arlo Q – 1080p HD Security Camera with Audio is one of our top favorites this 2017. Manufactured by global networking company, Netgear, the Arlo Q is a mid-range option in the Arlo series of home security solutions. This camera comes loaded with all the features and options you need to keep your home safe and secure all throughout the day, from its impressive two-way audio capabilities, to the 1080p HD resolution and 130° field of view!
The Arlo Q is relatively easy to set up. Simply download the dedicated mobile app on your Android or iOS device and follow the detailed instructions to get started. And just like EZVIZ, this camera has a 1080p resolution with motion and audio alerts that are prompt and precise. You can set activity zones where the system can issue consistent alerts only when movement is detected in a specific area. Installing the cameras is also simple as it comes with a magnetic base that can snap to any magnet-friendly surface.
You can place it on a desk or place it on the wall – whichever you prefer! And with its 130-degree field of view, you get more coverage in an area so you won’t have to buy extra cameras. It also features 8x digital zoom, allowing you to see an object or person more clearly, without compromising quality. You’re also covered at night with the camera’s enhanced night vision capability that allows you to see clearly even in complete darkness. And if that’s not enough, it also allows 24/7 continuous video recording with its option non-stop video recording (CVR) service. You’re fully covered all throughout the day!
Additionally, the Arlo Q cameras come built with a mic and speaker that enables two-way communication so you can listen in and talk back. This can be especially useful for calling out the attention of a rowdy pet or scaring away intruders or burglars. Moreover, the Arlo Q, like most other Arlo models, comes with a free 7-day event-based cloud storage where you can store motion- and audio-triggered video clips and snapshots. This lets you save on costly subscription fees and you won’t be tied to a contract, either. It’s also worth noting that you’re not required to maintain or store video content in the Arlo cloud. In fact, you can download videos to a local storage device of your own choosing, like in your smartphone or PC. You can access them locally at any time, as long as you’re linked to your home Wi-Fi system. If you’re interested in continuous video recording, however, you can upgrade to the optional paid service where you can have access to the Arlo cloud beyond the 7-day free cloud storage.
Perhaps the only notable downside to the Arlo Q – 1080p HD Security Camera with Audio is that it lacks third-party integrations. At the time of writing, Netgear still doesn’t have its own IFTTT channel nor is there any sign of them working with devices from other manufacturers. Also, you can’t log in to the Web and mobile app on the same account at the same time which can be inconvenient to some. That aside, the system’s alert functionality, free cloud storage, and high-end specs are more than enough to compensate for it.
- Exceptional video quality (1080p)
- Wide field of view (130°)
- Superior night vision mode
- Definable detection areas (via Activity Zones)
- Smart and highly customizable motion and sound alerts
- Free 7-day cloud storage (no contract necessary)
- More expensive than most of the competition
- Feels less sturdy than similar types of cameras
- No battery backup
- Subscription fees can be costly
- Lacks third-party integrations (does not have IFTTT capability)
- Can’t log in to the Web and mobile app on the same account simultaneously
LaView is one of the more well-respected home security brands and with their 1080P IP Camera Security System, they’ve secured a spot in our list of the best multi-camera home monitoring systems this 2017!
This 8-camera, 16-channel security system is a great deal for those who want an extensive system connected to their home. Depending on your preference, the package can consist of 4 bullet cameras and 4 dome cameras. However, there are a number of configurations to choose from, like a system with 8 bullet cameras or one with 6 bullet cameras and 4 dome cameras. You can even add more, up to 12 cameras in total! LaView has made this system easy to customize, which is a huge plus for those who want to mix and match various camera combinations.
Setting up and installing the cameras is relatively simple. However, some customers have pointed out a potential disadvantage, particularly the set of screws that come with the package. With screws, the cameras are designed to be secured to the stud which mounts at the base. Some say this might not provide a sturdy enough mounting so to tighten up the screws, consider using a small Phillips screwdriver to tighten them up as much as possible to ensure stability. Other than that, the cameras are pretty well-built, with a solid IP66 weatherproof rating that means it’s dustproof and can withstand powerful jets of water. It can also brave even the harshest environmental conditions, with temperatures ranging from -22° to 140°. With that said, this security system can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes. The cameras run off built-in PoE network interfaces for power over Ethernet so the cable wires carry the power and no additional lines are needed for the camera power.
The LaView 1080P IP Camera Security System comes with an NVR instead of a DVR. For those who are unfamiliar with these terms, an NVR is a device for recording digital video IP streams, which is considered to be more reliable and superior than DVR (digital video recorder). This is because NVR produces more clearly detailed images and videos, is more flexible in terms of application, is easier to repair in case it gets damaged, and is also cheaper compared to DVR.
As for video resolution, the cameras feature crisp and clear full HD 1080p resolution playback and images. For live streaming and remote viewing, you only need to download and install the free LaView Net app on your smartphone and tablet so you can gain instant access to all of the cameras in and around your home, even when you’re not there. This app doesn’t require you to pay any extra fees and you can even view multiple cameras at once. There’s no image degradation and the quality of the video is equally clear for both local and remote viewing.
Daytime vision is pretty outstanding with this security camera system and thanks to the 30 IR LEDs that come built with the cameras, you won’t miss a single detail even at night. Rest assured that you’ll get clear images from distances up to 100 feet. You can even see clearly in environments with contrasting lighting conditions, thanks to the cameras’ Wide Dynamic Range and 3D Dynamic Noise Reduction. The system also gives you the option to turn off noise reduction as well as tweak the filter simply by logging in to each camera.
And as with any popular multi-camera home monitoring system, the LaView 1080P IP Camera Security System comes built with motion detections sensors. With this, you’ll receive alerts on your smartphone or tablet whenever the cameras detect movement within their field of view. Not only this, the system also lets you select specific areas of the camera’s grid and will notify you of any movements that occurred only in those specific areas. This is similar to Arlo’s Activity Zones feature, which is a huge plus for those who don’t want to be bothered by false alarms. What’s more, you’ll save a lot of space for recording!
Speaking of storage, the system is built with 3TB surveillance hard drive, and you can add more to expand the storage up to 24TB. At the time of this review, however, LaView still doesn’t offer cloud storage service.
- Crisp and clear video resolutions (1080p) on both local and remote view
- Quality NVR
- Truly plug-and-play with exceptional performance (includes cable wires in package)
- Extra-wide field of view
- Weatherproof design (ideal for both indoor and outdoor use)
- Superior quality night vision up to 100 feet
- Remote playback and viewing via mobile app or Web
- Set specific areas to trigger motion alerts
- Spacious storage (up to 24TB)
- Useful YouTube tutorials
- No two-way talk feature
- No pan/tilt capability
- Narrow viewing angle (only 80°)
- Some issues with the interface on Mac
- No cloud storage
Another model that deserves a spot in our 10 best multi-camera home monitoring systems this 2017 is the SWNVK-873008 NVR8-7300 by Swann, a leading home security solutions provider. This 8-channel Network Video Recorder (NVR) goes beyond the 1080p HD resolution for live viewing and playback in real time, boasting 30 fps per channel. It features cutting-edge digital imaging technology so you’ll get sharper images up to 9x compared to a regular security system including analog D1.
You can connect up to 8 NHD-815 cameras into the system, each of which will generate crystal-clear 3 megapixels video quality (50% greater than 1080p). And with the infrared cut filters, each of the camera comes with powerful night vision that where you can see everything in clear detail up to 100 feet, even in complete darkness. So not only will you be able to monitor your home during the day, you’ll have peace of mind at night, too. Each camera has a weatherproof rating of IP66 which means it’s dustproof, waterproof, and can withstand the harshest weather conditions. The cameras are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
For easy and secure remote viewing, simply download the free Swann View Link app using your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet. From the app, you can view all cameras anytime and anywhere. You can also receive alerts when motion is detected, and you can set the sensitivity either manually or as scheduled so the cameras can record only the most significant events and avoid sending you false alarms. Footages are stored in the system’s pre-installed 2TB hard drive which allows you to record continuously from all 8 channels for 24 days (even more if you set it to only store motion-triggered recordings). The hard drive is expandable up to 6TB. You can keep all the footage simply by transferring it to an external storage via USB or network. You can also view recordings in HD over your PC or TV monitor. Unfortunately, Swann still does not offer the option for cloud storage, which is a more secure and convenient way of storing data.
- Ultra-HD resolution (3 megapixels up to 50% higher than 1080p)
- Live stream and real-time playback (30fps frame rate)
- Weatherproof IP66 rated design
- Motion detection feature that can be set manually or by schedule
- Crisp night vision that can cover up to 100 feet
- Has two-way talk feature
- Spacious local storage (expandable up to 6TB)
- More expensive compared to most of the competition
- Camera’s design is more suitable for outdoor use
- No pan/tilt capability
- Does not offer cloud storage
HD security systems company, Q-See, has a mission to provide homeowners with an easy DIY security solution that will provide complete peace of mind. The Q-See HD IP Surveillance System is one of their best models so far and it’s especially built and designed to help monitor large homes, as well as businesses. You can connect up to 8 bullet security cameras in a single NVR.
The Q-See HD IP Surveillance System can be used both indoor and out, with a solid IP66 rating which means it’s weather-resistant. The cameras are built with a durable metal housing and robust 3-axis mount that can be used safely in any weather condition and protects the cameras against vandalism. With its 4 megapixel resolution, you can capture ultra-crisp video and ensure that you won’t miss the most important detail or captured moment. And with the H.265 video compression technology, you get to enjoy optimized mobile streaming, data-saving techniques, and improved video compression clarity, all without compromising the video’s quality. The H.265 technology lets you save up to 50% data so you can store more video footages to your recorder’s hard drive.
Q-See’s night vision technology also ensures that you’ll have round-the-clock protection and peace of mind. This model is built with the latest and most high-quality IR LEDs that allow the cameras to see up to 100 feet even in total darkness. This way, you can capture evidence of criminal activities like theft, vandalism, or any other unwanted activity that can occur at night.
Forgot to lock the gate? Have you carefully secured every entry point in your home? Simply connect the surveillance system and keep watch of what’s going on in your home from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. With the QC View free remote monitoring app, you have instant and secure access to all cameras, as long as you’re connected to the Wi-Fi. Once installed, you can remotely watch live feeds and recorded playback. Now, you’re just a tap away from ensuring your home is safe and sound!
The Q-See HD IP Surveillance System comes with a digital surveillance hard drive that’s engineered to endure rigorous and constant recording for superior video retention. Now, you can be at ease knowing that your data is safe against high temperature and can always be accessed.
- Reasonable pricing
- Easy, DIY setup (no need to hire a professional)
- Weatherproof design (IP66 rating)
- 265 technology allows you to save storage space and improve video compression clarity
- Impressive night vision feature (up to 100 feet)
- Digital surveillance hard drive is designed to withstand rigorous and constant recording
- Narrow field of view (only 72°)
- No two-way audio
- No pan/tilt capability
- No cloud storage
Another multi-camera home monitoring system that remains to be a best-seller is the REVO R165D3GT3G-1T DVR Surveillance System. This is REVO’s fifth generation 960H professional surveillance system that aims to deliver commercial-grade type features at budget-friendly prices. The system is ideal for larger homes and businesses. You can install up to 16 cameras in a single DVR. Mix and match from mini turret, dome, and bullet cameras, and place them inside or outside your home for total security.
Dome and mini turret type cameras have pan/tilt capability, which are ideal for those who want to cover more areas when monitoring their home. The dome camera comes with discrete housing that makes it ideal to install indoors. Meanwhile, the mini turret camera comes complete with a metal case housing so it’s ideal to use both indoors and outdoors.
Bullet type cameras also have a weather-resistant design but are more ideal for outdoor use. The cameras also have built-in microphone and speaker for audio monitoring, which also serves as an intercom where you can listen in on what’s going on in your home, and even talk to or call out someone’s attention from the other end.
With the free EZLINK app, you can view and access live and recorded video anytime and anywhere from your smartphone or tablet, as long as you are connected to the Internet. Through the app, you can receive motion-triggered push notifications or email alerts with attached video clip or snapshot. You also have full access to the system where you can control the cameras’ PTZ capability, search recorded video, as well as monitor audio.
The REVO R165D3GT3G-1T DVR Surveillance System cameras have night vision features with a LED lighting distance up to 100 feet max. With the cameras’ 700 TVL to 1200 TVL resolution, you can get crisp and clear video details even in complete darkness. All cameras comes with 60 feet of REVO’s exclusive Quick Connect cable wires, a special type of cable that handles power, video, and audio in one simple click. Now that’s true plug and play!
- Competitively priced
- Mix and match from three different camera types (dome, mini turret, bullet)
- Weatherproof design
- Impressive night vision feature (up to 100 feet)
- High-quality video resolution (960H)
- User-friendly mobile app
- Smart motion detection technology that sends alerts to your phone, complete with a video clip or snapshot
- Two-way audio
- PTZ control
- Requires cable wires in order to work
- Has a narrow field of view considering it has PTZ capability (only 90°)
- No cloud storage
The Night Owl Security Camera System was born out of a desire to provide homeowners with a user-friendly, cost-effective, and high-quality security solution. With their state-of-the-art security cameras, you will have peace of mind all the time.
The Night Owl Security Camera System comes with a 16-channel 1080p high-definition security DVR and 8 wired infrared security cameras. But while this number of cameras is enough to suit any homeowner’s coverage needs, one of the best features of Night Owl is that it’s expandable. You can connect up to 16 cameras in a single DVR. Each camera also boasts a wide viewing angle up to 100°, which surpasses the standard 42° field of view of many security cameras. This hardwired security system offers you complete peace of mind, assuring you that you’ll get uninterrupted live viewing and recording with no delays.
But what really sets this security system apart is its Dual Sensor Technology. With standard motion detection, false alarms are often unavoidable, even with the tiniest bugs flying in front of the camera or leaves of trees swaying about. But with Night Owl’s dual sensors, false alarms are largely reduced since it detects both motion and heat, thus keeping you apprised of real threats in real time. But while the system is set to record motion by default, Night Owl still gives you several different recording options. They understand that the needs of homeowner are varied. Additionally, the system helps you save hard drive space by effectively eliminating up to 90% of false alarms and letting you easily locate recordings that matter the most. The system comes pre-built with 2TB storage space but can be expanded up to 6TB max.
Worried about intruders prowling in the night? No worries! With the Night Owl Security Camera System’s night vision feature, you can see everything from within 100 feet, even in low-light conditions. During the day, the cameras will display in full color mode while at night, they will enter black-and-white mode. Talk about total security all throughout the day!
- Competitively priced
- High-quality video and image (1080p)
- Wide field of view (100°)
- Live viewing and recording with no delays
- Unique Dual Sensor Technology that reduces false alarms by detecting motion and heat simultaneously
- Expandable storage space (up to 6TB)
- Superior quality night vision (up to 100 feet)
- No pan/tilt/zoom capability
- No cloud storage option
- No two-way talk feature
Last but definitely not the least is the GW Security Camera System. This budget-friendly multi-camera home monitoring system comes with some great features, thus becoming a top choice among homeowners. A lot of users have given full appreciation for its superior quality 1000+ TVL resolution and the built-in 2.8~12mm manual zoom varifocal megapixel HD lens that allow you to adjust the viewing angle. Furthermore, each camera comes built with infrared LEDs that give you crisp and clear images and videos at night, up to 120 feet distance.
The GW Security Security Camera System is one of the more serious home security systems out there, in that you can connect up to 32 cameras in a single HDMI DVR. Each camera has an IP66 rating, meaning it’s dustproof, waterproof, and weatherproof; making it ideal to use both indoor and outdoor. The DVR is also designed to work as a universal plug-and-play system. This allows you to view and record in widescreen remote viewing on your smartphone, tablet, or PC. To do this, simply download the free app on Android, iOS, or Windows. Once installed in your device, you can remotely control the cameras, receive motion-triggered alerts, and most importantly, view recordings even while you’re away from home. The Web version is just as easy to use, with a simple and user-friendly interface, easy mouse operations, and hassle-free menu navigation.
The GW Security Security Camera System comes pre-installed with a 4TB hard drive that can be expanded up to 32TB. This gives you ample space to capture and save important footage and snapshots, and make the necessary observations.
- Relatively cheap and easy to install
- Can be installed both indoor and outdoor
- High-quality 1000TVL resolution with 2.8~12mm varifocal megapixel HD lens to adjust field of view
- IR LEDs for crisp and clear night time vision up to 120 feet
- Spacious pre-installed memory
- Field of view is narrower compared to most of the competition
- No two-way audio
- No cloud storage option
- No pan/tilt capability
Which Is the Best Home Monitoring System for You?
Whether you’re considering wired or wireless, indoor and/or outdoor, our goal here at HomeSecurityList is to give you the necessary information to help you decide what’s best for your home and family. If you don’t already have a security camera system or if you’re not satisfied with the one you currently have, perhaps one of these 10 best multi-camera home monitoring systems for 2017 will be the ultimate solution to your problem.
Remember that there are a great number of options available in the market and this guide should be able to help you make an informed decision without having to read through hundreds more customer reviews and testimonials.