Koorsen Security Review: Home (Oct 2018)
Choosing the right home security system is a big decision, especially because the security system is what you will use to protect your home, privacy, and most importantly – your family. With so many products on the market that each have their own features, the decision can be especially stressful, unless you have quality reviews to help you out.
Fortunately, here is an overview of the Koorsen Security System. Unlike other options on the market, this security system takes into account other areas threats that may arise, including fire, home, and medical. If protecting your family and your home against these threats is a concern, then the Koorsen security system may be the right option for you.
Koorsen Fire and Security is our pick for a company that is worth watching in 2016. As the company continues to expand throughout the United States and as it works to improve its security features, capabilities, and fire protection services, it’s impact on the security market becomes more substantial.
At its current size, Koorsen is still a small provider, but with the reputation it is building and with the current features available, it is worth considering for your security needs for 2016. Those who are interested in Koorsen will find that the prevailing equipment is manufactured by Honeywell and that there are either wireless or wired security options available.back to menu ↑
Advantages and Disadvantages
As with every home security system, understanding the advantages and disadvantages is one of the easiest ways to determine whether a system has what you are looking for. When it comes to Koorsen, there are plenty of advantages to using this security system, improving the value the system provides for you and your home security needs.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages:
- Since Koorsen’s primary focus was fire extinguishing services, it still specializes in the area and provides superior care compared to other companies
- Commercial security features are comparable to most large scale providers
- Includes liability protection and bonding capabilities
- There are no penalties for cancelling the service
- Customer satisfaction is a primary focus of the brand
- Consumer policies are some of the strongest in the industry
- Includes 24 hour monitoring
- Email and Text Alerts
- Life Safety
- Thermostat Control
- Remote is on a Keychain too
- Companies that focus primarily on security may be more specialized in that area
- Can’t choose your own devices for installation
- Users are required to sign a two year contract to use the service
- Currently, only available in a number of states – Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Florida, Alabama
- Expanding to other states may take time
- Installation is performed by an expert and includes a $100 fee upfront
back to menu ↑
A Comparison of Koorsen’s Monitoring Packages
Starting at $34.99/month, Koorsen’s home security comes standard with the equipment on its base package. All systems can then be enhanced with additional security, automation, visibility, life and safety and energy solutions based on your needs. Customer’s can choose between, Total Automation, Total Visibility, Total Life Safety, and Total Energy.
If you choose to reach out to a Koorsen representative, the representative will assess your needs and provide you with a personalized quote.
|Total Home Security||Total Automation||Total Visibility||Total Life Safety||Total Energy|
|Starts at $34.99/month||Starts at $34.99/month||Starts at $34.99/month||Starts at $34.99/month||Starts at $34.99/month|
What are Koorsen Customer’s Saying?
When choosing a home security system, making a decision is easiest when you have an understanding of what customers are saying.
Let’s start with a few of the positive points that customers are touching upon:
- The company provides customers with excellent service
- Installation professionals know what they are doing
- Very professional throughout the entire process
- Provides users with fire, medical, and home protection
- There are glass break sensors
- Flood protection is included in some packages
- Carbon dioxide detectors are also an option
The above features are pretty positive and round back to the heart of the company’s intentions, which is to provide users with quality service and security measures.
Now that we’ve covered a few of the positive customer comments, here are some of the main issues that arise:
- Installation cost is $100
- Some customer service issues
- Five year contract is difficult to get out of
- Some users haven’t been contacted during a security threat by the call center
- There may be some better home security companies in the area
One of the most significant customer issues is the contract. However, there are some sources that indicate that it is possible to cancel the contract if you are dissatisfied with the service. In terms of this point, it is best to verify with the representative before you sign on for the service. It may be the case that in some areas, it is possible to break the contract, while in others, it isn’t based on your state. The contract may also include a provision that indicates whether you have the option to cancel.back to menu ↑
Koorsen’s Area of Specialties Aside from Home Protection
- Property Management
There are a number of unique benefits to this service. Unlike other home security services, Koorsen specializes in fire protection. As a result of this specialty, you can feel confident that you are not only receiving high-quality security services, but fire protection from an expert.
Another unique benefit to Koorsen is that its response time is nearly unprecedented in the industry. Once the security center detects an intrusion or security threat to your home, you are immediately notified of the problem by call or by application – it is up to you.
Koorsen Review – Overall
Overall, Koorsen provides users with a quality security system at a decent cost. While the system does include an installation fee, the fee is low compared to other security services. In addition, Koorsen’s range of security services, users can also benefit from the all-around home protection from fire and flood.
The main issue with this service is that it isn’t available in all states. Therefore, if you are interested in the service, but it isn’t available, you may need to look elsewhere for a security company to protect your home and your family.
Koorsen do not only provide quality security system but they also prioritize customer satisfaction. What's great is that customers can also benefit Koorsen's all around home protection from fire and flood. Service is not available nationwide.